Joecat's Waste of Bandwidth

Monday, January 28, 2002

My family went for dim sum at Sun Sui Wah on Saturday to celebrate my younger brother's birthday. The food there is really good, but I really just enjoy sampling many different morsels of food and each is a work of art. My favourites were the poached geoduck congee, soy sauce braised quail, and two more dishes that I'll have to describe because I don't know what they are called. One was a deep fried sesame ball...it was a 2mm thick pastry shell about the size of a tennis ball, perfectly round, hollow and rolled in sesame seeds. Surely, it is made of a batter, and the expanding hot gases inside make it round and hollow, but it must be an art form to make them. The second was a round of deep fried egg tofu topped with a ball of minced prawn. The tofu was velvety soft, with the lightest crispy skin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home